[X4U] Any Java experts out there?

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 21:40:21 PDT 2005

I need some help with Java on OS X.  There is a site that I need to
use for teleradiology at my small-town medical center.
Unfortunately, the embedded viewer is a ? Java Bean plugin that
appears not to work with Safari, IE, Opera, and Firefox.

I get the following error when I attempt to access the page:

The page “Radiology Imaging Powered by NeuroStar Solutions, Inc.” has
content of MIME type “application/x-java-bean”. Because you don’t
have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be
displayed.

I am knowledge-less about Java.  I don't see any options in the
Safari prefs to change MIME types, etc.  I did find the option in
IE's preferences, but don't know if there is any setting that I could
change to tweak it to work.

If anyone has knowledge about this, could you email me off-list?  I
can get a demo account setup so that someone can look at it and
troubleshoot it if needed.

Thanks!

Michael