[X4U] Password protection

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Wed Jun 8 03:14:47 PDT 2005

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Verduron wrote:

> The Webhosting server where my website is stored has no way for me to
> password protect my folders. Is there a software for me to do it?

Your question isn't very clear, so please bear with me if I don't
understand what you are trying to do.

If you want password protection from people on the web surfing to your
site, google for .htaccess

If you want to password protect your folders from people actually logged
into the web server, then it is a completely different story based on what
OS is running on the server. OS X method would be to just put all your
files into an encrypted disk image.

Hope this helps,

Allan