[X4U] Couple questions on Apples move to Intel

Steve Self steveself at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 10:56:18 PDT 2005

The last thing Apple would want is a poor, marginalized, windoze-like
user experience under the OSX brand. I think they would keep the OS-
hardware integration so tight and exclusive that by the time hackers
got OSX to run on other Intel boxes it would really no longer be OSX.
Kinda like VPC that is so kludgy and buggy that only the twisted
promote it.

Now running Longhorn within an Mactel box will be a semi-useful
selling point to the arcane and fearful. And maybe encourage
switching more and more.