[X4U] Help - Powerbook woes!

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Thu Jun 9 18:41:41 PDT 2005

Hiya Peter,

Have you tried taking the battery out and putting it back in? Some times
I've found that the battery doesn't want to respond or take charge until I
reseat it.

Just a thought.

Oh, does the battery show a charge... how many lights?

Coj

Peter Payne <peter2 at jlist.com>

I've got a problem with my Powerbook 17 inch 1.5 ghz. After using it
in a car with a Kensington car adapter, it suddenly will shut off
instantly whenever the power plug is plugged or unplugged -- either
one. It shuts off and also loses its settings like clock, and thinks
it's 1969. I reset the power manager and pram and it's still doing
it. If I set the clock correctly, then reboot (but leave the plug
in), it keeps the clock time okay, but any pulling out of the plug
causes the machine to lose everything. Is there anything else I can
try?!