[X4U] Mac Equivalents of Windows apps (was Re: Apple's move to Intel chips)

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Fri Jun 10 08:12:29 PDT 2005

On Jun 10, 2005, at 10:45, Ted Burton wrote:

> if you wish an application which will apply the cultural equivalent of
> a left-handed wrench to the field of Egyptology of the Hyksos period,
> it will exist for the PC.

How about this:

"[...] the author wrote this book by voice, using Dragon Naturally
Speaking on a Windows PC. [...]"

Care to guess which book?... Let me cut the suspense: "Mac OS X: The
Missing Manual" by David Pogue.

Left-handed wrench? IMHO, Judi and Robert are right. Software choice on
the Mac is much more limited than on Win. No use trying to pretend
otherwise or to explain it away.

<0x0192>