[X4U] VNC in Tiger...faster for me

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Tue Jun 14 05:08:09 PDT 2005

Old news, I bet, but I finally noticed people talking about the VNC
option in the Apple Remote Desktop preferences.  I've been using
OSXVNC as a server and Chicken of the VNC as a client for some time
now, and was always dismayed at how poorly it worked compared to a
similar setup under OS9. I figured that it was just the overhead of
the Aqua UI screwing things up.

However, I just activated Tiger's built-in VNC server.  Using Chicken
of the VNC is now much faster.  Your mileage may vary, but those who
are still using OSXVNC + COTVNC might want to consider trying it out.

Michael