[X4U] Wireless "theft"

Rod Buchanan lists at sofstats.com
Wed Jun 15 11:19:55 PDT 2005

On Jun 15, 2005, at 12:22 PM, Alex wrote:

>>> What should I do for better security?
>>
>> Encryption is a good start. Setting  complicated passwords is also
>> good. By
>> complicated I mean mixup numbers, letters, and other symbols.
>> Don't use names
>> or words.  Make the passwords as long as you can.
>
> Also, set up MAC address filtering.

... and do not broadcast your network name, or in Airport-speak
"Create a closed network."

--
Rod

"I have a 72-hour rule. If I stay in Washington for more than 72
hours, I have to bathe myself in the same stuff I use when one of my
dogs gets into a fight with a skunk -- stuff to get the smell out."
-- Brian Schweitzer, Gov. of Montana