[X4U] Re: Wireless "theft"

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Wed Jun 15 23:09:34 PDT 2005

At 1:33 AM -0400, 6/16/05, Peter Apockotos wrote:

>On Jun 16, 2005, at 1:17 AM, Robert Ameeti wrote:
>
>>At 11:18 PM -0500, 6/15/05, Michael Elliott wrote
>>
>>>Yes, but I won't go to jail if my neighbor fills his pool from my
>>>water hose.
>>
>>And I'll pay $1,000 to the first person that can prove than anyone
>>has ever gone to jail due to someone stealing their wireless
>>internet access and doing something illegal.
>>
>>All of these ridiculous possibilities that are only possibilities
>>and merely fodder for the foil hats.
>
>Please send a USPS money order to

You merely proved my point. Thank you.

Why is it that what I wrote is not understood. I am NOT saying that
crimes done over wireless networks are not prosecutable. I am saying
that no one has ever gotten arrested for the activities of someone
else's accessing their wireless network. You do something illegal,
you go to jail. Doing illegal activities should always entitle
someone to jail. Having an open network is not illegal but should in
fact be done so that society will more quickly have a high quality
wireless mesh network throughout our communities. Else, we have no
need for libraries or parks. Everyone should buy their own books and
mow their own lawns and build their own basketball courts.

--

Robert Ameeti

Boren's Law: When in doubt, mumble.