[X4U] Windows external USB drives and Tiger

Andrew J. Yon III ayon2 at sc.rr.com
Thu Jun 16 19:50:18 PDT 2005

> On Jun 16, 2005, at 2:43 PM, Kansas Territory wrote:
>
> Should I be able to mount a friends USB external hard drive onto my
> Tiger Dual G4 Computer ?  but just plugging it into an available
> USB port ?
>
> I tried it, but nothing showed up on my desktop ?  This on a
> machine running Tiger..
>
> I just now tried hooking up this same drive to a G4/450  running
> OSX 10.3x  and the drive did show up.  So I can copy stuff over my
> network, but sure would be nice if I get it to show up on my main
> computer which runs Tiger.
>

> Kansast

I do it everyday with almost all brands of windows on all sizes of
drives and manufacturers . none failed to mount yet except for some
with bad sectors.

FW800 dual 1.25 Tiger 10.4.1

Andy3

--
   I came here not to leave a marker, but to leave a profound mark
upon life itself. I came to spread the word and increase knowledge.