[X4U] Journal or not

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Thu Jun 16 22:19:54 PDT 2005

At 8:36 PM -0400, 6/16/05, Kevin Willis wrote:

>Can some one give me a lay-mans description of a Journaling as it
>pertains to Mac disk formats?

Essentially it is a log of Writes that take place since a previous
point in time. If the computer should start up with its 'Dirty' bit
set, then the computer knows a crash happened and that the computer
should use the last known good restore point and then apply the log
of Writes that should have happened.

>  Should it be used with a scratch disk that is used for video projects?

No.
--

Robert Ameeti

Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.