[X4U] Re: Wireless "theft" [NOISE]

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Sun Jun 19 20:41:05 PDT 2005

In the midst of splitting hairs about what is legal and what is not, I'd
like to post a vote for basic common courtesy and integrity.

I'm still on dialup (Airport Extreme), but if I found that my neighbour
had an open wireless network and had broadband, I wouldn't quietly start
using theirs..... unless I first obtained their permission to do so. I
most probably wouldn't do that either but if I did ask them to use it I'd
feel obligated to offer to help them pay the monthly bill.... it's the
decent thing to do.

At least I'd warn them that I could see and access their network so they
can make the choice to protect it.

Just a thought....

Cojcolds