[X4U] OT-Java driven radiology site not working (demo code in post)

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sun Jun 19 21:22:19 PDT 2005

Our rural hospital has set up a new digital radiology system that
makes it possible to access Xrays, MRIs, CTs, etc. from via the
internet, but I can't get the Java client to work:

https://demo.neurostarsolutions.com
user = demouser  ,  password = demouser

Once the page loads, you have to select "Dept:  All" and "past ALL
days" in the upper right screen. Pick a "patient", and click on the
FIRST "Images" column on the icon that looks like a projector
screen.  That brings up a large version of the raw image, and it
works OK in Mac OS X 10.4.1.  However, the preferred method is to
click on the SECOND "Images" column, the icon that looks like a
folder. On Windows XP, this method loads some sort of Java viewer
that allows you to manipulate the images, adjust contrast, enlarge,
etc...all within the browser window.  Of course, this one doesn't
work on OSX :-) as I get an error that some Java Beans plugin is not
present. I've gone to Apple.com and installed the latest
Java15Release but no dice, and Sun's Java site of course refers back
to Apple for any Mac OS issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any replies to this (admittedly off-topic) problem.

Michael