[X4U] OT-Java driven radiology site not working (demo code in post)

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Mon Jun 20 07:58:14 PDT 2005

On Jun 19, 2005, at 9:22 PM, Michael Elliott wrote:

> Our rural hospital has set up a new digital radiology system that
> makes it possible to access Xrays, MRIs, CTs, etc. from via the
> internet, but I can't get the Java client to work:

I logged on to your page and received the following error when clicking
on the left hand list of pictures.

Error: parent.right.document.viewer.displayImage is not a function
Source File:
https://demo.neurostarsolutions.com/Views/studies/
series_image_listing.jsp?
imageIDs=in_session&seriesIDString=225&pageTarget=dicom_preview_applet.j
sp
Line: 25

I don't know what is really wrong, but it appears that you have an
improperly defined function. FWIW, I have found that many "java"
objects found in the Windows world are really ActiveX or similar with a
java adapter class as a wrapper. Cute, but prone to failure.

Also, you may want to check out this tool:
	<http://chrispederick.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/>

It is very handy for debugging web pages in FireFox and Mozilla
Browsers. The stuff it can reveal has some utility in finding probable
causes of bad behavior in Internet Explorer for Windows.

hth,

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com