[X4U] CNN free video links and Safari

C Glass cdomig at earthwave.net
Tue Jun 21 10:01:00 PDT 2005

These are the windows media mime tyoes supported by my Safari:
application/x-mplayer2
video/x-ms-asf-plugin
video/x-ms-wmv
video/x-ms-asf
application/asx
audio/x-ms-wax
video/x-ms-wm
application/x-ms-wmd
video/x-ms-wmp
video/x-ms-wmx
audio/x-ms-wma
video/x-ms-wvx

I have upgraded a while ago to the latest Mac OS X WMP. I tried the CNNN
link from their website. First dialog was it could not identify the proper
Windows Media Player and suggested to download it. I selected to ignore the
dialog and continue on to the video feed. It played without any hiccups.

My system is the most current Apple Software Update Mac OS X 10.4.1 (generic
on this PowerBook). Just for fun tried it on a system running the most
current Safari and Mac OS X 10.2.8 - hiccups. Quit Safari and tried it from
Camino v.0.8.4 from the same OS X 10.2.8 system and watched the Saddam
video. Looks like there is a problem with Safari and 10.2.8.