[X4U] Re: does my PowerBook have a sleep disorder?

Ed Graf edgraf at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 22 08:34:58 PDT 2005

On Jun 22, 2005, at 7:27 AM, x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> I almost always just shut the lid, and rarely if ever turn it off...
> but twice in the past week it has done an "unclean shutdown" when
> I've done this.
>
> I believe it has to do with removing peripherals while shutting down,
> so I'm going to make sure to disconnect everything first and give it
> a chance to settle down before closing the lid.
>
> TjL

Had a Pismo since new.  Also never shutdown computer, always asleep
(unless battery dies, twice).

Noticed that when I sleep my Pismo with Virtual PC running, there
"seems" to be a risk of non-normal wake up. I wonder if there is an
interaction between the Pismo sleep and the Win 2000 Pro/VPC sleep?

Ed