[X4U] Re: Website as desktop

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Wed Jun 22 12:42:17 PDT 2005

On Jun 22, 2005, at 3:33 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> Someone who went from PC to Mac claims that he has a website as
> desktop on his PC.  He asked me if this could be done on a Mac.  I
> told him 'No' but ask you anyway.

There's something called "Active Desktop" in Windows which allows you
to display the contents of a website (or websites) on your desktop
(effectively working as wallpaper).

I tried it a couple times and after the "neato" factor wore off I
found it rather tedious and distracting.

I don't know of an equivalent in Mac OS X (which doesn't mean there
isn't one) but Dashboard is much better as it gets out of the way...
for those of us who prefer less clutter.

TjL