[X4U] Re: What to do with a .wpd (Word Perfect?) file ?

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Thu Jun 23 17:44:50 PDT 2005

On Jun 23, 2005, at 6:30 PM, John McDaniel wrote:

> I've got Microsoft Word version X and AppleWorks.
>
> How can I crack open a .wpd file and maintain formatting?

Find someone with WordPerfect.

There is a version of WordPerfect for Classic out there (free) which
can open some WPD files.  Formatting is another thing.

Anyone who recently bought a cheap Dell had WordPerfect on it instead
of Word, so there are actually more copies around than you might
think.... but as someone who used WordPerfect for years and hated
leaving it behind (but hated staying with Windows worse) there's not
a whole lot of hope for it.

TjL