[X4U] jumping cursor

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Jun 28 06:49:00 PDT 2005

On Jun 28, 2005, at 4:42 AM, Mitchell Senft wrote:

> Cursor has started jumping around for the last few days. Any fix
> for this? Am running 10.4.1 on a G5 2.0 DP.

Exactly what is jumping around and how?

Is it the mouse pointer that's jumping around? If so, it could be a
dirty mouse or your mousing surface. An optical mouse on wood grain
surface sometimes causes this for me. I'd move the mouse just a
little one way, and the pointer would jump to some seemingly random
part of the screen.

If its the text cursor in a document you're editing -I have no idea.

-Mike