[X4U] N00b question on burning CD to CD

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Wed Jun 29 13:02:09 PDT 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 11:18, Hector Luna wrote:

> On 6/29/05, Jesse Leo <jleo at projectsupport.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wondering what the best way is to copy an audio cd -- is importing to
>> itunes
>> then burning the only way to go? Or is there an easier way to copy an
>> audio
>> disc (using disk util or something)?
>
> I made a Toast image of the disk.

Depends on what you mean by "copy an audio CD". Presumably, you mean a
DAO image. iTunes is not suitable. Disk Utility isn't either (Disk Copy
used to do it, but the capability was removed in Jaguar). You need to
use a third-party CD utility, such as Toast, DragonBurn, or cdrdao.
(The latter is free.) There are several GUI interfaces for cdrdao.

An interesting question is whether dd can be used for this or not. I
doubt it, but I haven't tried it.

<0x0192>