[X4U] PDFs

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue Mar 1 15:24:05 PST 2005

Hi Alan,

Just a few questins:

What version of Photoshop / Mac OS / Acrobat are you using?

Where is the "Create PDF" function in Photoshop's Print Option? Are you
talking about the "Save as PDF..." button in the main Print window?

I'd be creating a greyscale doco, adding a spot colour channel then doing
Save As to a Photoshop PDF. That'll give you a 2 colour PDF. You'll have
to activate Separations Preview in Acrobat to see both colours as they
will print.

But my recommendation depends on what versions of what you're running.

Cojcolds

Alan Holt <alan at xlargenz.co.nz>

Hi Folks

I have a question about PDF files. I have to send some artwork to a
printer
and they have requested it in pdf form. Now it is a BW file with a drop
pantone colour. If I use the create PDF function in the print option in
photoshop will that create the required format in the 2 colors I have
chosen
or will it turn the image into a CMYK file.

Would it be better to use distiller? Once I have created a pdf file in
distiller is there a way of checking and making sure the colors are the
correct format?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Alan