[X4U] G3 Blue and White - Sonnet and Panther

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Tue Mar 1 18:23:32 PST 2005

OS X 10.3.8 will work on any Mac that has built-in USB. That includes
every iMac and every Power Mac from the B&W G3 on. The OS X system,
itself, makes use of the Altavec features of the G4, so the Sonnet
upgrade will make even more of a difference with OS X than it did with
OS 9.

You friend's son should get the OS X version of Sonnet's cache enabling
software to take advantage of the L2 & L3 cache on the upgrade card.
<http://www.sonnettech.com/downloads/osx_upgrade_sw.html>