[X4U] syncotunes

aashram amar at aashram.com
Thu Mar 3 07:44:30 PST 2005

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000237034237/

If you're anything like we are, you've got umpteen music files spread willy-nilly across computers and platforms, and all too often the song you want to hear doesn't live on the machine you happen to be closest to. Enter syncOtunes, an application built just for types like us, that will help you create one iTunes library to rule them all. It works by comparing the two libraries across your home network and mirroring the missing files from each system to the other. Then, just import the folder of merged tracks into iTunes via an AppleScript that will automagically trash any errant duplicates. Originally developed for the Mac, version 0.95 introduces a beta version for Windows. Oh - did we mention it's free?