[X4U] Looking For A Good Black-and-white Laser Printer

Joshua Hough soyjourner at mac.com
Tue Mar 8 09:07:44 PST 2005

On Tuesday, March 08, 2005, at 00:30AM, Kirk McElhearn <kirklists at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>I've been using Brothers for many years - the HL-1440/1430 is very
>affordable.

I've also had a Brother 1440 for about two years and I've been nothing but pleased.  It's bomb-proof and reasonably fast.  Best part - built-in duplexing saves lots of paper.  At the time I could not find another home-office printer that had built-in duplexing, so this was about the only option.  I got it refurbed for around $150 and upgraded the memory to 128MB for another $30.  I feed it a lot of used paper and it almost never has any paper-feed issues, unlike many expensive high-volume printers I've used.
-Josh