[X4U] Bluetooth Mouse and Laptop Sleep

Lawrence Haber lahaber at mac.com
Tue Mar 8 11:50:31 PST 2005

I am having problems with a Apple BT Mouse and my iBook.  The mouse is
seemingly properly recognized by the laptop and will work after the
laptop has been booted.  But after it has gone to sleep, the mouse is
no longer operative.  This is true even though the mouse is an
identified device in the BT menu, but any attempt to have it work
fails.

The only other thing that is curious is that when the laptop wakes up,
the cursor of the trackpad mouse will spin over the right hand side of
the menu bar.  The spinning dies down after a few minutes but the mouse
doesn't work before or after the spinning.  If I reboot, the mouse will
work until next time the laptop sleeps.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?