[X4U] Looking For A Good Black-and-white Laser Printer

Art Amolsch aamolsch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:36:27 PST 2005

Which prompts me to ask this: I've just spent frustrating
hours working with Apple and Sprint to get my Apple Base
Station Extreme to get an Airport wireless network up and
running. Yesterday afternoon -- victory, and as of this
Wednesday writing, I've got a G5 and a G4 Powerbook
working well. But a second G5 -- around the corner, from
my office, doesn't quite get a strong enough signal to be
reliable. So, I know I need to boost the signal around
the corner using another ABS -- or Airport Express? --
to complete this small network.

Can someone provide me some guidance? I gather from
Kirk's post that the Express will act as a relay, but I don't
know how complicated (how many hours) that is to set up.
And I also don't know if it can be used both as a relay and as
a music distribution system.

For the record, trying to use ComCast cable to source a wireless
network was a bust, and I'm giving them back their modem and
canceling their ISP service. Further for the benefit of anyone
else trying to get a Sprint modem to connect properly to an ABS,
a Sprint tech finally solved the problem by having me go into
(shudder) Terminal and execute a bunch of commands. After that,
an Apple tech walked me through the rest. It didn't help that the
Sprint modem goes to the ABS using PPPoE.

Anyway, this whole exhausting experience prompts me to see if anyone
can help with the next step.