[X4U] Re: Looking For A Good Black-and-white Laser

Sean Collins sean at hogheaven.com
Wed Mar 9 12:06:19 PST 2005

>From: Randy B.Singer <randy at macattorney.com>
>
>Every a LocalTalk to Ethernet adapter that I know of has been
>discontinued, but  you can still find them for sale.  The two most
>popular were the one from Asante, and a much better one from Farallon
>(now known as Proxim). The one from Asante was problematic, and I
>recommend that it be avoided.

Randy:

There's also the old Dayna Etherprint series, also discontinued (now
owned by Intel).  I know of 2 installations still using these
w/Laserwriter IIs.  There's a few of them still floating around ebay.

>That said, I think that purchasing this adapter is a waste of money.

At retail, I agree.  But if you already have the Laserwriter, and the
adapter is REAL cheap, it's a solution.