[X4U] Speaking of printers...

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Mar 9 16:09:54 PST 2005

"• Paul E. Miller •" said:

>The discussion of laser printers has been very enlightening and
>beneficial. I purchased a refurbed 1440 today. But, I have another
>printer question that has to do with a situation in which I find
>myself. At our church we have a G3 with an hp 1120c connected via -
>something called Script - that has a special adapter-cable.

StyleScript/PowerPrint from InfoWave.  Now discontinued.

See this page for specs on the 1120c, which really wasn't a Macintosh
printer, it only worked with a Mac with the addition of InfoWave's
products:

<http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpd
05287>

http://www.infowave.net
(StyleScript/PowerPrint isn't even mentioned on their Web site anymore.)

>that has a special adapter-cable. We
>purchased a Mac Mini today to which I hope to use the hp 1120c with
>maybe a usb cable. Will I be able to do this?

No, I'm afraid not.  The InfoWave product provided a serial connection
(the PowerPrint parallel to serial adapter), not a USB connection.  You
could purchase a parallel to USB adapter, and you might be able to find a
driver that will work, but you will end up spending just about as much as
you would for a brand-new, better, inkjet printer, and it might not work
very well.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html