Allan Rube ¹ allan at nhbungalow.com
Thu Mar 10 01:44:39 PST 2005

I got several answers to my original question which had to do with wanting
people to be able to upload their photos to my site where they could see the
photos and then I could take them and print them.

Some of the answers had to do with web galleries, but I already have web
galleries. I wanted other people to upload photos that they could then see.
Many photo sites which sell prints have those.

I think I will settle for a folder on my site where people can upload their
photos for me to print but not allow them to see the photos.

The only problem I have now is having Mac users be able to access the folder
without an ftp client.

I created a folder called photo with a password tester. From within an ftp
client I enter nhbungalow.com as the server, photo as the server and tester
as the password.

However, to keep it simple for users who only use a browser, I want them to
ftp through a browser. Can it be done?
In Windows (IE 6) - I enter ftp://nhbungalow.com and get a dialogue box
where I can enter 2 fields - user and password. I enter photo and tester and
get to the folder.

However, in OS X, when I enter ftp://nhbungalow.com I get nothing. I can
enter ftp://photo@nhbungalow.com I get 3 fields to enter. Photo is entered
in the user id already. I enter tester in password.

Then I am stuck. If I leave account blank, or enter photo, or enter
nhbungalow.com - I cannot access the folder.

Any ideas here?

Allan