[X4U] Publisher files on Mac

Randy Jamerson rjamerson at ebsco.com
Fri Mar 11 07:14:23 PST 2005

Pagemaker PC has a Publisher converter.  If you know someone with Pagemaker
PC, you could have them convert it and then you could open the Pagemaker
file on the Mac. Of course, it's probably going to cause the file to reflow
and look nothing like it did in Publisher.

There is no way to open Publisher directly on a Mac.  If you want to support
that file type, you need to buy a PC and Publisher.  It is not an expensive
program.

On 3/10/05 10:06 PM, "Samantha Cornell" <samantha at netresults.biz> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to open Publisher files on a Mac?  I have a client
> that emailed me a file, last minute, and needs something done ASAP,
> but, of course, the darn file is in Publisher.  IT appears that they do
> not actually have Publisher, so they do not have the ability to export
> the file as a different format.
>
> Is there any solution?  I'm guessing that Pages does not open Publisher
> files either...I don't have it (yet) but if it will do this...I would
> be inclined to purchase it now.
>
> Otherwise, is there any other solution?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Samantha

Randy Jamerson .  Prepress Systems Administrator
EBSCO Media
801 Fifth Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233
Office. 205.226.9557