[X4U] Re: Looking For A Good Black-and-white Laser Printer

Matthew Barr mbarr at mbarr.net
Fri Mar 11 08:57:06 PST 2005

Just as an aside, in the color world, Xerox has a unit that is $999,
that includes networking, Adobe Postscript 3, and solid ink.  24ppm
color or B&W.

http://www.office.xerox.com/perl-bin/product.pl?product=8400&page=spec

I just don't like the 4 pass units much.

Note: We do sell these, but I've never actually used this unit.  I've a
lot of experience with the 7300 line, and some with the 6100.  We've
had no problems with the 7300's, but the 6100's are a slow.  That's due
to the class- they are 4 toner units, and the price is about $500. It
also has a built in duplexer.

We haven't sold any of their black & white printers into clients.

Matthew

Disclaimer: Obviously, we sell these. We are a Xerox Dealer.

Matthew Barr
Managing Partner
Datalyte Consulting, LLC
Apple Authorized Reseller