[X4U] Brother 1440 versus Brother 2040 - Reasons?

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Sat Mar 12 11:27:21 PST 2005

I have been following another thread and read you recommended the,
now-discontinued, Brother 1440 laser printer over the most recent
introduced Brother 2040.

I am in Canada and have been unable to easily find a 1440 model
without going to eBay or into the States with the extra cost of
shipping etc. My local Staples has a pretty good deal on the new 2050
(with coupons/discounts dropping it to $122 US. Considering the cost
of shipping, local return if there are problems, brand new etc. What
do you recommend, Randy?

And why is the original 1440 so superior to the more recent 2050.
Sorry if you have already answered this but I didn't see anywhere the
specifics of one versus the other.

Thanks,
Rod