Fwd: Re: [X4U] Brother 1440 versus Brother 2040 - Reasons?

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Sun Mar 13 12:17:48 PST 2005

Thanks Randy. Great information. I won't walk away from the 2050, I'll run.

Reading from your links, I read the 1440 uses PCL4 emulation and the
5140 uses PCL6. What would  the 5140 be able to do that the 1440
couldn't. Aside from speed of printing. I know we aren't comparing
apples to apples here as the 5140 is more expensive as is its RAM.
Just curious.

Rod

>Rod Duncan said:
>
>>And why is the original 1440 so superior to the more recent 2050.
>>Sorry if you have already answered this but I didn't see anywhere the
>>specifics of one versus the other.
>
>The HL-2040 is a toy compared to the HL-1440, even though they both sell
>new for about the same price.

Snip