[X4U] Re:MacSense routers

Lorin Roche lorinroche at mac.com
Sun Mar 13 17:36:52 PST 2005

I have had a MacSense MIH 130A router for five years or so and it has
been one of the most reliable electronic instruments I have ever owned.
It just never gives problems, and handles distributing broadband coming
in, and

  Currently it has a cheap Belkin switch plugged into one of its ports,
to give me additional ethernet connections, and three laser printers
are plugged into the Belkin.  3 computers are plugged into the MacSense
directly.

With something like this, I gladly pay extra for such a Mac-friendly
unit. There was a time when this unit cost about $130 and the
competition cost $70. And I think it was cheap at almost twice the
competetion's price, because it was just so seamless to set up and
never cost me an hour's lost time, or a morning, or a day.

Unfortunately, MacSense lost out in the ruthless battle by consumers to
pay the absolute minimum possible.