[X4U] Hard drive speed??

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Mon Mar 14 11:56:48 PST 2005

On Monday, March 14, 2005, at 01:38PM, Paul Hawkins <h_paul at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>How do you tell what speed a hard drive is if it is not marked on the drive? I'm curious about a drive I
>received from someone.

Well, if you have access to the drive, just google the name and model number. Most likely someone selling the drive will give the specs.

If you don't have access to the drive (i.e. it's tucked away inside of a laptop) just select "About this Mac" from the blue Apple in the menu. From there click on 'More Info..."

System profiler will open. Click on ATA inside the Hardware category. On one of the ATA busses will be your HD. Get the make and model there and then google it.

Good luck,
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com