[X4U] Can't Drag Desktop Icons

Chris Long clong at mac.com
Tue Mar 15 11:10:30 PST 2005

I had this problem once as well... check to see if you can copy and
paste between apps and documents.  The problem I had was with the
process that runs the clipboard.  I am trying to remember how I went
about fixing it, but I think there was a post somewhere on an Apple
Discussion Board.

Look at the logs in Concole to see if there are errors referencing
"PasteboardUI server" or PBS... this is the actual process you will see
in Activity monitor.

The only discussion I can find now gives this command to restart it...

nohup /System/Library/CoreServices/pbs &

I think I had to delete some prefs or something too.

Chris