[X4U] iPod shuffle clone

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Tue Mar 15 12:59:28 PST 2005

On Mar 14, 2005, at 8:54 PM, Samantha Cornell wrote:

> But, the FM transmitter is cool.

You mean receiver, not transmitter.

> Still, I doubt this thing is "Apple quality".

Chipsets with more features are apparently out there.  I have had three
non-Apple MP3 players, about the size of the Shuffle, but featuring
bluetooth cellphone headset, FM radio, voice recorder, and line-in recorder,
and a 4-line LCD display to help you navigate through all these features
(but they are still confusing!).  The first one was made in Russia, and
barely worked so I got a refund.  The two I have now are made by a Korean
company.  They are amazing, but I need two of them because their lifetime in
daily use is only 2-3 months; I use my spare while replacements are being
shipped.  Forturnately, the second one I bought has a one year warranty.

I do wish Apple would buy this company and improve their quality.  For me,
the bluetooth cellphone headset is a must-have feature since I only have one
head and can't wear two headsets.