[X4U] RE: Moving iPhoto Library

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Mar 18 09:04:47 PST 2005

On Mar 18, 2005, at 11:35 am, aashram wrote:

> you dont need photo buddy - that for using multiple libraries
> copy you whole iphoto library folder in pictures on the osx to your
> linux server.  when iphoto starts up cause there is no iphoto folder
> in pictured it asks you where it is. give it the location
> of your new location and then it will all work

Have you tested this with iPhoto 05? I found iPhoto *very* sniffy about
its files being messed with when I tried to do so; I think 05 uses two
additional new data files over iPhoto 04, big binary ones. In my case I
ended up having to start again from scratch reimporting all my photos
manually. I'd also be careful to check whether PhotoBuddy is '05-aware.

Stroller.