[X4U] Adobe Apps crashing..

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon Mar 21 14:59:01 PST 2005

Try looking through the Adobe folder in your user's Library/Application
Support folder. Perhaps placing it on the desktop and logging out then
back in might let you know if the issue is within there (seeing that your
tests prove that another user does not have this issue).

Coj

Tim Kinsella <timk at iapc.net>

Anyone have any idea why all my Adobe apps (Mostly CS, but even PS7)
are crashing on launch?
Everything else works fine, Quark, Suitcase, Mail, browsers, etc.
etc... But no Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign

They work fine if I log into another test account name.

I've trashed every preference/.plist I can find related to Adobe in my
Home directories...(since they launch fine under 'testaccount' user,
I'm assuming it's an issue in my 'tim' home directory...right?)

The crash box, (.. report to Apple?..)  shows a bunch of stuff, but
this (below) caught my eye. Why does the path mention MacOSClassic at
all for PhotoshopCS??

Command: Adobe Photoshop CS

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000033

I ran DiskWarrior 3 & it mentioned Volume Information problems "which
could cause applications to behave badly " (or words to that effect!!)
So it repaired & replaced the directory, but...  some symptoms.

Any words of wisdom would be great.

Thanks.

Tim