[X4U] Looking for OSX replacement for Publisher

Jim Colgate ColgateList at cox.net
Tue Mar 22 06:17:13 PST 2005

I just received a plea for help from my niece who is a long time PC user,
but her employer just gave all the teachers iBook laptops and she is
struggling with the transition. Word and Excel work is OK, she is noticing
some differences, but is relearning. However she does a lot of flyers and
posters that she used Publisher on the PC for. What is a good, better, and
best alternative for such a layout program on the Mac?

She can probably use anything, but is concerned about how to migrate the
Publisher files she already has. So I am also looking for a conversion path
to recover the content of the Publisher files if available.

Thanks,

   Jim