[X4U] Looking for OSX replacement for Publisher

Kevin Lee Allen klad at klad.com
Tue Mar 22 07:25:37 PST 2005

I would suggest Apple's Pages, but there is no migration path that I am=20=

aware of right now. I think it is possible to convert Publisher to=20
PageMaker to InDesign or Quark, but those require expensive programs=20
and the conversions are never all that clean.

Also, print the existing files to PDF and use Acrobat Pro for simple=20
edits.

On Mar 22, 2005, at 8:17 AM, Jim Colgate wrote:

> I just received a plea for help from my niece who is a long time PC=20
> user,
> but her employer just gave all the teachers iBook laptops and she is
> struggling with the transition. Word and Excel work is OK, she is=20
> noticing
> some differences, but is relearning. However she does a lot of flyers=20=

> and
> posters that she used Publisher on the PC for. What is a good, better,=20=

> and
> best alternative for such a layout program on the Mac?
>
> She can probably use anything, but is concerned about how to migrate=20=

> the
> Publisher files she already has. So I am also looking for a conversion=20=

> path
> to recover the content of the Publisher files if available.

-----
Kevin Lee Allen
Production Designer
http://www.klad.com