[X4U] Re: Adobe Apps crashing..

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Tue Mar 22 09:07:51 PST 2005

On Mar 22, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Tim Kinsella wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2005, at 10:34 AM, PoolMouse wrote:
>>
>> log out before you go to sleep and then add a line to your
>> /etc/crontab file (or use a gui cron manager) that kicks in at night:
>>
>> 	find -x / -type f -name 'AdobeFnt*.lst' -exec rm -f {} \;
>
> Yikes.
> Wanna' tell me what that will do??
>
> ( I imagine it'll delete it or clear it/Zero it out or something?)

command					means
========				======
find						using 'find'

-x							in a manner which is able to deal with files which have spaces
(*)

-type f						and ONLY for files (not directories or links)

-name 'AdobeFnt*.lst' 	Any file which begins with "AdobeFnt" and ends
with ".lst"

-exec rm -f 				and will remove (rm) with force (-f)

{}							matching files

\;							thus ends the "exec" part of the "find" command

(*) it will complain about them, but continue

You also could have figured this out from going to Terminal and typing
"man find" (should for "manual for find") but it would have taken some
deciphering.

You can test this first to see what files it will match by using

	find -x / -type f -name 'AdobeFnt*.lst' -print

which will print out the filenames that it matches

TjL