[X4U] iChat and .mac not working

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Wed Mar 23 10:16:45 PST 2005

For some reason I can't use iChat with my .mac screen name anymore.
Everyone in my buddy list is greyed out (offline) even when they're
connected. I ended up creating a new AIM screen name and when I use it
with iChat everything is fine. What gives? I first noticed this a few
days ago when a friend installed AIM on his PeeCee. When he did a
search for my .mac name he got a message saying it was an email address
and was unusable. So I tried adding him to my buddy list but he's
always listed as offline even though he's not. BTW I'm experiencing the
same problem at home and at work (same account but only one logged in
at a time)

Ideas?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com