[X4U] See / Don't see

Ted Burton egburton at cableone.net
Wed Mar 23 18:10:29 PST 2005

At 6:33 PM +0100 on 3/23/05, Paul Moortgat spoke about [X4U] See /
Don't see thusly:

>I've a friend when he connect an external firewire drive on his G4
>desktop doesn't see the drive. Not even in Disk Utility.  He has
>10.2.8 on this Mac.  When he connects to his G4 Powerbook, the drive
>appears on the desktop.  He has 10.3.8 on the Powerbook.
>What's wrong?

Don't know.  There were issues way back about the chip set in the
drives, but mounting on the PowerBook indicates that's not an issue.

There's a shareware utility called iMount which I have used to good
effect to mount a drive accidently 'ejected.'
--

We live during a time when ... the major challenge facing both
individuals and organizations ... is "how to fashion long-term