[X4U] OSX Mail Problem

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Mar 25 20:49:04 PST 2005

On Mar 26, 2005, at 1:54 am, Freeman, Colt wrote:

>  I've tried deleting all accounts from mail but it seems that one
> keeps popping back up, I've used finder to find all related words to
> the account and deleted the one under mail several times but it keeps
> coming back. I've checked entourage as well and the account is not in
> it, I also trashed a plist file connected to mail and that didn't get
> rid of it either, it keeps re-adding itself to the accounts list. I'm
> trying to setup my campus IMAP account and it doesn't work, so I was
> getting rid of the old ones to see if it helped and I ran into this
> problem.

Is it a POP3 or IMAP account that keeps reinstalling itself?
Could you list exactly which preferences files you have tried trashing,
please?
Have you tried removing Library/Caches/Mail/ ?
    (back it up, first)
Which version of OS X are you using?

Mail is known to be quirky with IMAP, especially under Panther. It may
help your IMAP problems to add that account before any others. See also
the "local IMAP server?" thread(s) at
<http://listserver.themacintoshguy.com:16080/pipermail/x-unix/2005-
March/thread.html>.

>  Also one other question, I'm going to be purchasing a Dual G5 fairly
> soon, and I'm wondering when Tiger will be shipping with the new
> machines.

It's funny how our enjoyment in our Macs results in the sort of pride
you'd rarely see in a PC user. Has anyone else noticed how we all say
"Powermac", "Powerbook" or "dual-G5" when "new Macintosh" would do? You
wouldn't get many people saying "are current machines sold with SP2
pre-installed? I'm thinking of getting a new Dimension XPS Gen4 soon"!

Stroller.