[X4U] Booting

Ted Burton egburton at cableone.net
Mon Mar 28 16:00:12 PST 2005

At 1:23 PM -0800 on 3/28/05, Robert spoke about [X4U] Booting thusly:

>Just had the logic board replaced and now when it boots it does get
>to the desktop but it looks like it displays open firmware on the
>screen while booting. Imac 17 lcd. Any ideas on how to get to show
>just a normal bootup.  TIA  Bob

My utterly crazy boots with a PowerBook, with caps locked and
scrolling boot language and other odds and ends turned out to be a
CPU chip problem. Apple failed to fix it the first go-round, and then
did fix it finally and I got about a whole rebuilt computer for the
price of the hard disk that was not the problem on their first fix.
--

Jesus Christ was a Jew, and a Liberal.