[X4U] Deleting pesky files

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 31 16:51:35 PST 2005

At 17:10 -0700 31/3/05, Kevin.Hahn at colorado.edu wrote:
>I can't move or delete the files, it won't let me do anything with
>them but let
>them sit on the desktop in various different locations on the desktop, no
>folders on the desktop, no moving them to a shared folder, no doing anything
>with them but looking at them and wanting them to go away.
>
>Kevin
>
>>  Message: 6
>>  Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:23:13 -0500
>>  From: Mark Des Cotes <mark at astroprinting.com>
>>  Subject: Re: [X4U] Deleting pesky files
>>  To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
>>	<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>>
>>  If your machine is capable of booting into OS9 you could do that and
>>  delete the files from there. Otherwise try placing the files in your
>>  Public folder then logging in under a different User and delete them
>>  from there.
>>
>>  Mark Des Cotes
>  > Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Kevin,

Another option is to start the machine up in FireWire target disk
mode (this requires a 2nd machine and a FireWire cable) so that it
appears as a 2nd drive on another machine.

You should be able to clear them up then.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

ON YOUTH
"Some people say that I must be a horrible person, but that's not true.
I have the heart of a young boy -- in a jar on my desk." -- Stephen
King, 3/8/90