[X4U] 10.4 without DVD drive

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 1 06:38:37 PST 2005

At 06:18 -0800 1/11/05, kobayb at juno.com wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>Is there some site we can download the form to get those CDs in exchange
>to the OS 10.4 DVD? Thanks.
>

>On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 01:00:49 +1100 Mark Gibson <gibsonm at bigpond.net.au>
>writes:
>>  At 08:56 -0500 1/11/05, Gail Grainger wrote:
>>  >I wanted to buy 10.4 for a few computers at school, but neither
>>  computer
>>  >has a DVD drive. I know that the 10.4 I bought for my computer at
>>  home,
>>  >requires a DVD drive. I just checked the K-12 price list, and it
>>  doesn't
>>  >specify. Am I out of luck?
>>  >Thanks,
>>  >Gail
>>  >Gail Shea Grainger
>>  >Librarian, Chesterfield School, Chesterfield, NH
>>  >Dewey Browse --K-12 Web site cataloged by Dewey Decimal
>>  Classification
>>  >http://www.deweybrowse.org ggrainger at deweybrowse.org
>>
>>  Gail,
>>
>>  No you aren't out of luck.
>>
>>  10.4 does come on a DVD but there is a form you can fill out
>>  (available from your local reseller) to swap the DVD for multiple
>>  CD's.
>>  --
>>
>>  Regards,
>>
>>  Mark (}-:
>>  +61 (0)4 1927 7198
>>  Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1
>>
>  > To see tomorrow's PC, look at today's Macintosh. -- BYTE Magazine

Gail, kobayb,

Well 30 sec of searching found for my corner of the world:

<<http://www.apple.com/au/macosx/upgrade/>>

and for you:

<<http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/>>
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

No one would choose a friendless existence even if they had all other
good things in the world.                                 --Aristotle