[X4U] 10.4 without DVD drive

Gail Grainger ggrainger at deweybrowse.org
Tue Nov 1 10:14:15 PST 2005

Thanks for all the responses. I talked to Apple this morning, and they no
longer offer it on CD. The person I spoke to said that he thought you
could buy it on DVD, then mail it back and exchange it for CD's. When he
checked, he found that was no longer an option. With so many Mac's in
schools, I don't think it was a good decision.
Thanks,
Gail
> I'm in this same situation with my uncles older iMac.
>
> You can puchase Tiger on CD's also. Just call Apple to find out how.
> You can also get an external DVD drive and connect it via Firewire to
> each computer.

Gail Shea Grainger
Librarian, Chesterfield School, Chesterfield, NH
Dewey Browse --K-12 Web site cataloged by Dewey Decimal Classification
http://www.deweybrowse.org ggrainger at deweybrowse.org