[X4U] "Do you really, reeeeally want to ..." making me crazy

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Tue Nov 1 19:03:31 PST 2005

I also try to avoid the messages.

Holding the Option key when choosing sleep/restart/shut down stops the
message. You'll see the little "..." go away when you hold the key down.

You could also press Control and Eject to invoke the
shotdown/restart/sleep dialog then press the first letter of what you
want, r-Restart / s-sleep / Enter-shut down.

Pressing Shift/Opt/Comm/Delete will empty the trash without a message.

Coj

Teddi Pomaika'i Stransky <teddi at book-reader.net>

Is there some way to TURN OFF the "are you sure you wanna" messages I
get for just about everything I do in Tiger?

YES, I want to download the file,
YES, I want to empty the trash,
YES, I want to shut down the bloody annoying machine ...

otherwise I wouldn't have typed in the command!

Am I getting strident here? Sorry. But I feel like I'm in a Remedial
Mac class ... "Are you SURE you want to turn off the idiotic
messages?"

YES!

Shutting up now ...

Teddi