[X4U] Problem with iPhoto -> Finder Copy -> Preview Scale ->F inder Move -> Finder Rename

Paul pwblackb at uc.cl
Wed Nov 2 04:56:24 PST 2005

Hi all.

I have an issue with Automator, nothing fancy. I posted this to the
Automator list but it doesn't seem to be active.

The subject basically sums up the workflow. The purpose is to take
the selected iPhoto images, copy them to the /tmp dir, scale them
down  to a specified picture value, move them back to ~/Pictures/
Scaled and then rename them with "-size" where size is the pixel size
used in scaling them.

This worked wonderfully before 10.4.3 (I have the resized images in
my Scaled folder to prove it), but I suspect the update my have had
something to do with it.

The error is

" Can't make «class ipmr» id 4.294967401E+9 of application "iPhoto"
into the expected type. (-1700) "

Gotta love those cryptic error messages from Apple   :-)

There is no arrow linking the first item, Get Selected iPhoto Items,
with the second, Copy Finder Items. Both filetypes on the right of
these actions are in red. I suspect that this is the root of the
problem.

But then why did this work yesterday? And how might I get it working
again?

The workflow can be downloaded from

http://bra.fis.puc.cl/resize.tar

iPhoto 5.0.4, 10.4.3 Tiger.